Referral Banners

Saturday, 30 November 2013

Lukaku 'handed in transfer request'

Romelu Lukaku made a transfer request at Chelsea before being granted a temporary move to Everton, it has emerged. It is understood the 20-year-old Belgium striker asked to move following the August 30 European Super Cup defeat to Bayern Munich in Prague, when he missed the decisive penalty in a shootout defeat for Jose Mourinho's men. ...

Moyes: No plans to rest Rooney

Manchester United manager David Moyes has no plans to give Wayne Rooney a rest just yet.  Moyes is keeping a close eye on the England international, looking for signs his standards might be slipping after a congested recent run of fixtures. So far, the indications are all positive. Rooney has been United's stand-out performer so far this season and claimed four assists in his side's Champions League hammering of Bayer Leverkusen...

Glasgow helicopter crash: One dead at Clutha pub

One person has been confirmed dead after a police helicopter crashed into a busy pub in Glasgow. i9 Police Scotland said they expected the final number of fatalities would be higher and a rescue operation is continuing at the scene. The crash happened at The Clutha in Stockwell Street at 22:25 on Friday.  There were three people on board the helicopter - two officers and a civilian pilot. Thirty-two people have been taken...

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Nyeson Wike Weeps At Private Meeting With ASUU

The supervising Minister of Education, Nyeson Wike had thought that it would be a piece of cake for him to go into a discussion with the leadership of ASUU and come out smiling after a compromise, but was shocked at the recent meeting in Abuja when it became obvious that ASUU is very serious.   His plan to use the resolution of the strike to lobby President Jonathan to make a full Minister of Education has does suffered a serious set...

Defer handing over of PHCN to investors, TUC tells FG

The Trade Union Congress (TUC) on Wednesday called on the Federal Government to defer the proposed handover date of Power Holding Company of Nigeria’s successor companies to their new owners until all agreements with the unions are met. The government had proposed November 1 as the date for the handover of the successor companies to their new investors. TUC’s Deputy Secretary-General, Mr. Simeso Amachree, made the call in a chat with the...

14-Yr-Old Boy Rapes 9-Yr-Old Girl to Death

The police in Lagos State have commenced investigation into how a nine-year-old girl died, after sustaining injuries caused by alleged consistent rape. According to police authorities, the deceased was raped over five times, by a 14-year-old student, Onyi Adimabua, in the Ikorodu area of the state. The father of the deceased, Simeon Jigo, told INFO BREAKERS Metro that Onyi is the son of the proprietor of the school his daughter attended. He...

Probe of NIMASA contract scam ‘inconclusive’

A Federal High Court, Lagos, on Wednesday heard that investigation of alleged contract scam at the Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) was inconclusive. An Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) prosecutor Ibrahim Ahmed said there were no documents showing whether the contracts, which were alleged to have been split, were indeed supplied. He was testifying in the trial of former NIMASA Director-General Raymond...